Avios air miles is like currency. Airlines program which use Avios Miles:
British Airways Executive Club
You can transfer Avios between British Airways and Iberia. Note, Combine My Avios does not apply to Household accounts. In near future. If You want transfer to Iberia Plus account, your account must be 3 months old and have earned at least 1 Avios point. You can transfer points from American Express Membership Rewards, credit a flight or hotel stay, or make purchase via ibplusstore for example groupon.es purchases earn 5 Avios points per 1 Euro (till 31 March 2019 is 13 Avios per euro https://ibplustore.iberia.com/en/entertainment-and-leisure/groupon-es
You can earn British Airways Executive Club points by (every week I will cover one way of getting points so this list will be bigger post and with links to my other posts):
- British Airways flights or any one world alliance flights, plus Alaska Airlines and Aer Lingus – you should check www.wheretocredit.com to know how many points you can earn
- transfer from American Express Membership Rewards, Tesco Club Card, Heathrow Rewards
- staying at Ba Hotel partner – www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/collecting-avios/hotels
- booking with British Airways Holidays
- renting a car with Avis
- taking a credit card (BA American Express blue or Premium)
- shopping online at www.shopping.ba.com (check their special offers for extra points)
How many Avios points I need for a flight?
4000 points You can book one-way off peak economy flight from London to Zone 1 (Amsterdam,Berlin….) plus 17.50 GBP taxes, perfect If you need flight today then flight cost can be in 326GBP (flight to Berlin BA980) and the same flight is possible to book using Avios.
Flights from London to Europe have very law taxes using miles just 17.50 oneway for Economy or 25GBP for business. If You consider flights outside Europe You will have pay big taxes on BA redemption sometimes more than price of economy ticket.